Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lunch at Filomena

I had lunch at Filomena today with my best friends from Foley.


This is a wonderful Italian restaurant located near the bottom of Wisconsin Avenue, NW, very near the Potomac River and the Ritz Carlton in Georgetown.  I had not been there in some time, but I can tell you that the food is superb.  I've never had anything here that I did not like.  My choice today was the 3-Cheese Manicotti, which was divine.  Probably not the best selection for a Type-2 Diabetic, but delicious nonetheless.  Our waiter offered us a blended red wine which was superb also.  We decided to have dessert today and everyone wanted some different.  I opted for the Hazelnut dacquoise.  Heavenly.  Positively heavenly.  Again, probably not the most suitable selection for a diabetic, but I'll just run on the treadmill a little longer tonight.

Filomena delights us each year with their over the top decorations during the holiday season beginning with Halloween.  They did not let us down this year.  Here are some shots I took before leaving the restaurant today.  They are not as clear as I would have liked, but you get the idea.


This was our greeter at the front door.



A giant spider making his way across the ceiling



A ghoul about to pounce over top of the booth and his friend hanging from the ceiling above



And finally, a bat cave that was so dark that it doesn't show up in this photo.  But you do get to see the beautiful layout of the main dining room.  Just a really fun and festive place.  If you are ever in Washington, and Georgetown specifically, I highly recommend you stop in at Filomena if only to have a glass of wine and some bruschetta.

No comments: