Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No Holds Barred - Remembering Marvin Traub | New York Social Diary




I had to post this article from the New York Social Diary that was published today.  Marvin Traub was  instrumental in the success of Bloomingdales's from the 60's through the 80's.  I certainly have carried my share of "Brown Bags" from Bloomingdales and I still shop there from time to time.  Unfortunately, times have changed and we no longer make the trip to the store.  Everything is available online and I find myself resorting to placing orders with Bloomingdales online rather than actually visiting the store.  In my younger days, being from Virginia, we visited the store at Tyson's Corner Virginia.  Later, after I moved to Maryland, I visited the store at White Flint in Rockville.  And of course I made a few trips to New York over the years and no trip was complete without a stop at Bloomies.  It was a thrill every time I went and I could always find something that I couldn't live without.  I miss those times and I think it is sad that the younger generation will never know what it was like in those days.  This article is short but I enjoyed very much reading it.  I hope you will too.

Rest in peace, Marvin Traub.

7.18.12: No Holds Barred - Remembering Marvin Traub | New York Social Diary

No comments: