Friday, August 26, 2011

Good Night Irene (We Hope!!)



So here we are, the 26th of August 2011.  On Tuesday, we had an earthquake which registered 5.9 on the Richter Scale.  Yesterday, large stones just outside of Rosslyn, VA fell onto the George Washington Parkway closing it for quite a few hours.  And today we are preparing for hurricane Irene, who is lumbering up the east coast and due to bring us tropical winds and rains starting tomorrow.  What next, . . . a plague of locusts?  I mean, really!  There have been aftershocks from the earthquake throughout the week down in Central Virginia.  I know this because I have been following friends and family on Facebook who still live in and around Orange, VA, which is close to the epicenter of the earthquake and my hometown.


So I have decided to carry on with my weekend in a positive manner and not get mired down in what has been and potentially will be a challenging week.  I will continue my painting project in the dining room and will post finished pictures of that on Sunday.  And I am making cheese souffle this weekend.  I have a hankering for cheese souffle - really good cheese souffle and I don't know anyone who makes a cheese souffle better than me.  I think I will make individual cheese souffles rather than one large.  I'll just take the recipe I use for a large souffle and make 6 individual souffles.  That way there will be some leftover.  Weather permitting, I might even ask a few close friends to stop by tomorrow evening for Hurricane Irene Cheese Souffle.  We'll see about that.  I'll take pictures of the storm and post them for your review.  Hopefully there will only be pictures of a lot of rain and no damage.  Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.  Everyone be safe!

No comments: